Welcome to the ASSR Forest School!
Mrs Lindsay is our Forest School Leader.
Here is a great short video explaining what Forest School is:
Forest school activities at ASSR include:
- Hunting for minibeasts and/or pond dipping
- Natural crafts – making necklaces from elder, crowns or dreamcatchers from willow, collages from natural materials, weaving with long grasses, tree cookies, etc
- Mud sculptures
- Shelter building and knot tying
- Tree climbing
- Using tools for a purpose – such as peeling bark from sticks with potato peelers to make toasting forks.
- Fire building and cooking on a camp fire
At ASSR we are passionate about our environment, and our pupils are courageous advocates for protecting the world around us. Forest school allows our children to experience nature through all four seasons, making the best possible use of our excellent grounds.
Please look through the handbook below which will tell you much more about the activities the children engage in and the benefits to their learning.
We are always keen for parents and carers to volunteer to support at Forest School.
Please contact the school office if you are interested!